5 secret tips to successful visualization



Visualisation plays a huge role in whether or not you will achieve your goals. You have to envision yourself achieving your goals. Visualisation is a simple way of communicating with yourself by using visual creative imagery to physically see yourself achieving your goals. Here are my 5 tips to successful visualization:

WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN
As mentioned in my previous post, to successfully achieve your goals you need to set bold but yet realistic goals that fit a part of the bigger picture. You have to write your goals down on a paper and keep them in a place where you will be consistently reminded of them. You can keep them in your purse or journal (if you have one). But I personally prefer sticking my goals next to my mirror because I am able to easily engage with my goals on a daily basis, I am setting a constant reminder for myself of what I hope to accomplish most, and I envision the hard work I need to put in so that things can fall into place.

TALK TO YOURSELF
Talk to yourself in a positive manner as that will enable you to make sense of your goals, why they are important to you and why you want to achieve them. Talking to yourself also involves planning the path you have to take in order to obtain the success you most desire. It has been proven that it is healthy for adults to talk to themselves (excluding negative self-talk) because private speech is used to give oneself an internal pep-talk, to analyse past events, to weigh both sides of a decision, to release pent-up stress or aggression, to rehearse important conversations, to practice important speeches and presentations, and to fantasize about the great, and promising future.

GENUINELY BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
Self-belief will help you see opportunities that are not there yet or overcome circumstances that you think are impossible. If you have clear goals and you genuinely believe in yourself your mind automatically starts identifying elements that will assist you in successfully reaching your goals.

POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS
Get in the habit of being kind to yourself frequently. Every day in the morning stand in the mirror and tell yourself that (either loudly or in your mind):
  • ·       I am strong because I know my weaknesses
  • ·       I am wise because I learn from my mistakes
  • ·       I will accomplish my goals because I am a hard worker
  • ·       I am smart because I invest in my growth and development

Positive affirmations will help you clearly see the end result of where you are going and where you want to be.

PLAN THE TRIP
Planning the path, you will take will help you analyze the positive and negative outcomes but rather focus on the positive and acknowledge that you will be faced with setbacks along your journey to achieving your goals. This will prevent you from developing a perfectionist mindset which is the ultimate downfall for many people. A perfectionist mindset demands too much, too fast and that will backfire on you. Therefore, plan your trip wisely and you will be able to see your accomplishment at the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview tips that will get you your DREAM JOB

GRADUATED... now what?

Moving to Wordpress